Monday, February 28, 2011

Cold Weather Snap

     Wow!  It's amazing how the cold weather can really dampen your spirits to run, let alone cycle.  But the past couple of days, it's been about what I can do lessen the impact.  I'm not an indoor runner or cyclist by any means and I can't stand Plan Bs even though I do have them in my tool box for emergencies.  However, I chose to run outside on Sunday morning and while I didn't completely freeze, I was fairly close to it!  I had a blast though, running a total of 10 miles, warming up by mile 3, hitting my stride by mile 6 and capping it off with a 7 minute mile at mile 10.  Next week I will be back up to 11 or 12 miles, plus the weather will be somewhat back to normal for this part of the Northwest!  I can't wait for spring. 

    Speaking of spring...our first break into spring is going to be on March 12 and 13, 2011 the Cascade Bicycle Club is hosting the Seattle Bike Expo!  It's family fun and it brings out the spring spirit in all of us! 

http://www.cascade.org/EandR/expo/

I'm hopng to get back on the open roads towards the middle to end of March.  Hitting the spin classes and hot yoga classes this month to loosen up the quick reaction muscles and work the slow endurance muscle fibers.

I can't wait and it would be great to start or join a club within the Olympia area this year.  Also, the annual Group Health Seattle to Portland ride is 9 and 10 July 2011.  Gotta gear up for a 200 mile ride! 

Let's go...dust off the bike, loosen up the legs and let's ride!

CyclingRnr Out!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the imppact of the weather! My running for the last couple of weeks is almost nothing. I am trying to average 20 miles a week and right now I am lucky to get in 6. Yesterday, I ran during my lunch break and got stuck in a hail storm!

    Luckily I do like spin classes and also have a spin bike at home so I can supplement there. But I agree, plan B is never as great as Plan A.

    The 200 Mile Ride sounds great but I am doing the Ocean Shores Big Weekend that weekend...darn. Did you ever sign up for the Dizzy Daze this month?

    ReplyDelete